|Butter/Margarine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Currant jelly||40 Ounce|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F before baking.
2) Sift together the flour with cream of tartar and baking soda.
3) Cream the butter and then beat in sugar using an electric mixer.
4) Add in one egg, at a time, beating well after each addition.
5) Beat in flour mixture for 10 minutes to form a batter.
6) Take two ungreased 9-inch layer-cake pans; invert them, layering just the bottom of each pan with batter.
7) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven till lightly browned and take off the layers from pans at once.
8) While still warm, spread each layer with currant jelly and arrange the layers together.
9) Prepare 14 to 16 layers with the batter and top with confectioners' sugar.
10) Slice the torte into small pieces.