Grandmother's Nut Torte
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Flour||6 Tablespoon, sifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dark corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Nuts||6 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk egg yolks to lemon yellow and thick. Add 3 tbsp sugar and beat well.
3. Whisk egg whites to form soft peaks. Add rest of the sugar and beat well.
4. Sieve flour with salt and baking powder. Mix well with yolk mixture and stir to form a smooth mixture.
5. Mix syrup. Using a spatula, fold in chopped nuts and egg whites.
6. Take a 9 inch square cake pan, using waxed paper line the bottom and transfer the batter into it. Allow to bake for half an hour and then cool it.
7. Add flavor to cream and whip well.
8. Top cake with flavored whipped cream and serve.