Peach Apricot Torte
|Zwieback crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cling peach halves||1⁄2 Can (5 oz)|
|Apricot||1⁄2 Can (5 oz)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond flavor||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take an 8 inch spring form pan, grease thoroughly and pat in 2/3rd portion of zwieback crumbs to the bottom.
3. Place well-drained peaches with cut side facing up above the crumbs, while use the drained apricot halves, keeping aside a few for garnishing, to fill the spaces.
4. Prepare a mixture of eggs, sugar, sour cream, almond flavoring, vanilla nutmeg and top the fruit. Bake for an hour.
5. Allow to cool, loosen the sides and take out the torte.
6. Garnish with reserved apricot halves and serve.