|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 Stick)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Whole blanched almonds||3 1⁄2 Ounce, ground to make 1 cup (1 Can)|
|Kirsch/Cherry brandy||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Red raspberry jam||10 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon (10X)|
1. Sift flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and cloves into a medium-size bowl. Cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender.
2. Stir in egg, ground almonds, kirsch, lemon rind and juice until mixture is well blended. Chill 1 hour, or until dough gets firmer.
3. Cut the dough in half and press one half to fit the bottom of a 10-inch greased and floured spring-form pan. Spread 1/2 cup jam over dough.
4. Sprinkle your work surface lightly with flour and roll remaining dough into finger-thick strips. Arrange strips, lattice-fashion, over preserves.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 50 minutes, or until pastry is firm. Cool in pan on wire rack. Remove cake from pan. Fill lattices with additional raspberry jam, if you wish. Sprinkle with 10X sugar.
Calories 742 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.5%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g62.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.7 mg30.2%
Sodium 193.9 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g36.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 68.6 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet