|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 Stick)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Whole blanched almonds||3 1⁄2 Ounce, ground to make 1 cup (1 Can)|
|Kirsch/Cherry brandy||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Red raspberry jam||10 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon (10X)|
1. Sift flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and cloves into a medium-size bowl. Cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender.
2. Stir in egg, ground almonds, kirsch, lemon rind and juice until mixture is well blended. Chill 1 hour, or until dough gets firmer.
3. Cut the dough in half and press one half to fit the bottom of a 10-inch greased and floured spring-form pan. Spread 1/2 cup jam over dough.
4. Sprinkle your work surface lightly with flour and roll remaining dough into finger-thick strips. Arrange strips, lattice-fashion, over preserves.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 50 minutes, or until pastry is firm. Cool in pan on wire rack. Remove cake from pan. Fill lattices with additional raspberry jam, if you wish. Sprinkle with 10X sugar.