Quick Sacher Torte
|Sour cream fudge cake mix||18 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Apricot preserves||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Apricot brandy||2 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate frosting||1 Can (10 oz)|
1. Grease two 9x1 1/2-inch layer-cake pans; dust lightly with flour; tap out any excess.
2. Prepare the cake mix; pour into prepared pans.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 25 minutes, or until the centers spring back when pressed with fingertip. Cool in pans on racks 10 minutes; loosen around edges with a knife; turn out onto racks; cool completely.
4. When ready to put torte together, heat the apricot preserves slowly in a small saucepan, stirring constantly, just until hot; stir in the apricot brandy; press through a sieve into a small bowl; cool.
5. Split cake layers to make 4 thin layers. Spread each of 3 with 1/3 cup of the chocolate frosting, then with 1/3 cup of apricot preserves; stack back together on a serving plate. Top with plain layer. 6. Frost sides and top of torte thinly with remaining chocolate frosting; chill. Cut in thin wedges, for it's rich.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4259 Calories from Fat 1204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 135 g207.4%
Saturated Fat 35 g174.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.4 mg51.5%
Sodium 2140.4 mg89.2%
Total Carbohydrates 730 g243.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 513.6 g
Protein 26 g52.6%
Vitamin A 36.1% Vitamin C 180%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 68.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet