Quick Sacher Torte
|Sour cream fudge cake mix||18 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Apricot preserves||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Apricot brandy||2 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate frosting||1 Can (10 oz)|
1. Grease two 9x1 1/2-inch layer-cake pans; dust lightly with flour; tap out any excess.
2. Prepare the cake mix; pour into prepared pans.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 25 minutes, or until the centers spring back when pressed with fingertip. Cool in pans on racks 10 minutes; loosen around edges with a knife; turn out onto racks; cool completely.
4. When ready to put torte together, heat the apricot preserves slowly in a small saucepan, stirring constantly, just until hot; stir in the apricot brandy; press through a sieve into a small bowl; cool.
5. Split cake layers to make 4 thin layers. Spread each of 3 with 1/3 cup of the chocolate frosting, then with 1/3 cup of apricot preserves; stack back together on a serving plate. Top with plain layer. 6. Frost sides and top of torte thinly with remaining chocolate frosting; chill. Cut in thin wedges, for it's rich.