Mocha Almond Fudge Torte
|Slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon|
|Nonfat cream cheese||10 Ounce (At Room Temperature, 8 Ounce (230 Gram) Large Package Plus 2 Ounce (55Gram))|
|Powdered sugar||210 Gram (1 3/4 Cup)|
|Frozen low fat whipped topping||240 Milliliter, thawed (1 Cup)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate||1 Ounce, coarsely grated (30 Gram)|
|Pound cake loaf/Nonfat chocolate cake loaf||13 1⁄2 Ounce, thawed (1 Loaf, 386 Gram, Purchased)|
|Butter/Margarine||50 Gram (At Room Temperature, 2 Tablespoon)|
|Instant espresso powder/Coffee powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nonfat milk||5 Teaspoon|
1. Toast almonds in a small nonstick frying pan over medium heat until golden (3 to 5 minutes); stir often. Transfer almonds to a bowl; set aside.
2. In a food processor or a large bowl, combine the 8-ounce (230-g) package cream cheese, 1/4 cup (30 g) of the powdered sugar, and vanilla. Whirl or beat with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy; then gently fold in whipped topping and chocolate. Cover and refrigerate filling until ready to use.
3. With a serrated knife, cut pound cake horizontally into 3 equal layers. Place top cake layer, cut side up, on a rack set over a sheet of wax paper; spread with half the cream cheese filling. Add middle layer and spread with remaining filling; top with remaining cake layer, cut side down.
4. In a clean food processor or large bowl, combine remaining 1 1/2 cups (180 g) powdered sugar, remaining 2 ounces (55 g) cream cheese, butter, instant espresso powder, and 1 teaspoon of the milk. Whirl or beat until smooth and easy to spread; add more milk, if necessary. Frosting will be soft. ,
5. Spread frosting over top of cake; some of it will flow down sides of cake. Sprinkle top of cake with almonds; scrape up frosting that has dripped onto wax paper and spread it gently on sides of cake. With wide spatulas, carefully transfer cake to a serving platter. Serve immediately; or cover lightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.