|Angel food cake mix||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Yellow food coloring||6 Drop|
|Dairy sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Finely chopped almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apricot preserves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Also Known As 10 X Sugar)|
1. Prepare angel cake mix, following label directions; spoon half the batter into a second bowl; tint pale yellow with food coloring.
2. Spoon batters, alternating white and yellow, into a 10-inch angel cake tube pan to make a layer. Repeat with remaining batters, alternating colors, to make a second layer. (Do not stir batters in pan.)
3. Bake in slow oven (325°) 50 minutes, or until golden and top springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
4. Invert pan, placing tube over a quart-size bottle; cool cake completely in this position.
5. Loosen around edge and tube with a long, thin knife. Turn out onto a wire rack;. Split into 4 even layers.
6. Mix sour cream with almonds in a small bowl.
7. Place largest cake layer on a serving plate; spread with a third of the cream-nut mixture, then 1/4 cup of the apricot preserves. Repeat with remaining layers and fillings, stacking cake back into shape. Sprinkle 10X sugar over top and side. Chill several hours, or overnight. Garnish with candied mint, if you wish. Slice into wedges with a sharp, thin-bladed knife.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3386 Calories from Fat 617
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.9%
Saturated Fat 28.1 g140.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.9 mg39.3%
Sodium 3879.5 mg161.6%
Total Carbohydrates 642 g214%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.4%
Sugars 503.2 g
Protein 49 g97.6%
Vitamin A 51.5% Vitamin C 130.4%
Calcium 82.7% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet