|Pecans||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Mexican chocolate||1 1⁄2 Ounce (45 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||160 Milliliter (2/3 Cup, At Room Temperature)|
|Powdered sugar||160 Milliliter, sifted (2/3 Cup)|
|Eggs||4 Large, separated (At Room Temperature)|
|Vanilla||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup, Packaged)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon (0.5 Milliliter)|
|Cream filling||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Mexican chocolate||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon, Shaved)|
|Pecan halves||1 Tablespoon|
1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour 8-inch (20-cm) springform pan.
2. Process 1/2 cup (125 mL) pecans in blender or food processor with on/off turns until very finely ground; do not overprocess or nuts will become oily. Grate 1 1/2 ounces (45 g) chocolate.
3. Beat butter and 1/3 cup (80 mL) powdered sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition; beat in vanilla. Stir in bread crumbs, ground pecans and grated chocolate.
4. Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in small mixer bowl; using clean beaters, beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 1/3 cup (80 mL) powdered sugar; beat until stiff and glossy.
5. Stir about 1/3 egg white mixture into butter mixture to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg white mixture. Spread batter evenly in springform pan.
6. Bake until edges begin to pull away from pan and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool completely, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
7. Prepare Cream Filling.
8. Cut cake horizontally in half; place bottom on serving plate. Spread Filling evenly over bottom layer; cover with top layer. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
9. Just before serving, place wire rack on top of torte; sieve powdered sugar over torte. Remove rack. Garnish with shaved chocolate and pecan halves.