Mrs. Steidel S Linzer Torte
|Unbleached all purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon (Not A Mix)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Almonds||6 Ounce, ground (1 Package)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Red raspberry preserves||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Red currant jelly||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Kirsch/Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (10X)|
1. Sift flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and cloves into a large bowl. Cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture is mealy.
2. Stir in eggs, almonds, 1/4 cup Kirsch, lemon rind and juice into mixture until mixture is well blended. Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour, or until dough is firm.
3. Grease two 10-inch springform pans, or two 9x9x2-inch baking pans. Dust lightly with flour; tap out any excess.
4. Heat raspberry preserves, currant jelly and 2 tablespoons Kirsch or lemon juice until melted in a medium-size saucepan; cool to room temperature.
5. Divide dough into quarters. Roll out a quarter on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board to fit pan; place in pan.
6. Spread a third of preserves mixture on dough in pan. Roll out a second quarter of dough into finger-thick strips on pastry board or cloth. Arrange strips to make an edge around pan, then a lattice over preserves. Press the tines of a fork around edge of dough to make a pretty pattern. Repeat with remaining pastry and another third of preserves mixture to make a second cake. Beat egg yolk with 1 teaspoon water in a cup and brush over pastry.
7. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour, 10 minutes, or until pastry is golden. Cool in pans on wire racks. Remove cakes from pans and fill lattice spaces with remaining preserves mixture. Sprinkle with 10X sugar and serve
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6316 Calories from Fat 2614
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 302 g463.9%
Saturated Fat 137.4 g687%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1124.1 mg374.7%
Sodium 3180.7 mg132.5%
Total Carbohydrates 841 g280.5%
Dietary Fiber 50.3 g201.2%
Sugars 314.8 g
Protein 102 g204.2%
Vitamin A 135.2% Vitamin C 99.8%
Calcium 155.6% Iron 189.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet