Toasted Almond Torte
|Semi sweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yellow cake mix||18 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Sliced almonds||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Creamy fudge frosting mix||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Instant coffee||1 Tablespoon|
|Creamy vanilla frosting mix||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|10x confectioners' powdered sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Cut six 3-inch rounds from wax paper; shape each into a cone; fasten with cellophane tape.
2. Melt chocolate pieces in the top of a double boiler over simmering water; cool, then spread thinly inside' paper cones to cover completely. Stand each upright in a small bottle; chill.
3. Prepare cake mix with eggs and water, following label directions. Divide batter between two greased 9-inch layer cake pans.
4. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes; or until layers spring back when lightly touched with fingertip. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; loosen around edges with inarrow spatula; cool completely on racks.
5. While cakes bake, spread almonds in a shallow pan; heat in same oven 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
6. Prepare fudge frosting mix, with 1/4 cup of butter or margarine and warm water, following label directions.
7. Dissolve instant coffee in 1/4 cup warm water in a medium-sile bowl;
add vanilla frosting mix