Layered Chocolate Cheese Torte
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened (2 Packages)|
|Chocolate wedges||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Semisweet chocolate square||1 , grated|
|Strawberries||6 Large (For Garnish)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat first 6 ingredients, 1 egg, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup water until mixed. Increase speed to high; beat 2 minutes. Pour batter into greased 9" by 3" springform pan; bake 25 to 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
2. In saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water; let stand 1 minute. Over low heat, cook until gelatin completely dissolves, stirring.
3. Separate remaining 2 eggs. From lemon, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1 1/2 tea spoons juice. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat cheese, lemon juice, egg yolks, and 1/2 cup sugar; beat in gelatin mixture.
4. In small bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold whites and lemon peel into cream-cheese mixture; pour into pan over cake. Cover; refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
5. Prepare Chocolate Wedges; cut into 12 wedges.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4660 Calories from Fat 3065
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 346 g532.7%
Saturated Fat 178.5 g892.7%
Trans Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 1181.3 mg393.8%
Sodium 3715.4 mg154.8%
Total Carbohydrates 348 g115.9%
Dietary Fiber 37.6 g150.4%
Sugars 190.3 g
Protein 109 g218.8%
Vitamin A 149.3% Vitamin C 233.2%
Calcium 139.3% Iron 131.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet