|Cooked prunes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), drained|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), packed|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (375° F.).
2. Pit the prunes and cut into small pieces.
3. Cream the sugars and butter together thoroughly. Blend in the eggs and milk.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, soda and cinnamon. Blend into the creamed mixture. Stir in the prunes and walnuts. Spread the mixture in the bottoms of two greased nine-inch layer cake pans.
5. Bake thirty minutes and cool.
6. Put the layers together with whipped cream and spread cream over the top. Cut into wedges to serve.