|Cooked prunes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), drained|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), packed|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (375° F.).
2. Pit the prunes and cut into small pieces.
3. Cream the sugars and butter together thoroughly. Blend in the eggs and milk.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, soda and cinnamon. Blend into the creamed mixture. Stir in the prunes and walnuts. Spread the mixture in the bottoms of two greased nine-inch layer cake pans.
5. Bake thirty minutes and cool.
6. Put the layers together with whipped cream and spread cream over the top. Cut into wedges to serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5565 Calories from Fat 2779
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 313 g481.7%
Saturated Fat 150.5 g752.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1336.2 mg445.4%
Sodium 2783 mg116%
Total Carbohydrates 631 g210.2%
Dietary Fiber 23.2 g92.7%
Sugars 323.6 g
Protein 72 g144.3%
Vitamin A 100.8% Vitamin C 0.32%
Calcium 125.7% Iron 121.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet