|Plum tomatoes||12 Medium|
|Garlic pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as needed)|
|Herbes de provence||1⁄2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Coarse sea salt||1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch, freshly cracked (as needed, to taste)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm) (as needed)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as needed)|
1) Preheat oven to 200°F.
2) Cut off the end of tomatoes and cut them into halves. Lightly squeeze out or remove the seeds with a spoon and scrape out as much of the liquid as it helps in drying process.
3) Cover a sheet tray with several layers of tin foil.
4) Lay the tomato halves on the prepared sheet tray with the skin side down in a single layer.
5) Sprinkle the tomatoes with garlic pepper, herbes de provence, coarse sea salt and black pepper.
6) Scatter fresh thyme sprigs all over the tomatoes and drizzle generously with olive oil.
7) Place in the preheated oven for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours until the tomatoes are leathery, wrinkled and shrunk in size by 50%.
8) In a clean mason jar, add half of the tomatoes and top with a few fresh thyme sprigs, lightly press down the tomatoes and then add rest of the tomatoes and top with a few fresh thyme sprigs.
9) Gently press down the tomatoes and add olive oil until the tomatoes are completely submerged in the oil. Cover the jar and store at room temperature.
10) Use the Oven Dried Tomatoes on bruschetta, pizza, crisp bread, sandwiches, pasta or as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1218 Calories from Fat 1025
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169.8%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1489.4 mg62.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59.4%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 8 g16.7%
Vitamin A 135.2% Vitamin C 243.2%
Calcium 20.5% Iron 71.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet