Ramona Werst shares her recipe for Lone Star Beer Fried Green Tomatoes and shows how to make them.
5 Large, sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch round slices
6 Large, minced
Red chilli pepper flakes
Lone star beer
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Slice the green tomatoes into slices, about ¼ to ½ inches in thickness.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour with the black pepper, chilli flakes and minced garlic. Add the beaten eggs and lone star beer and mix very well.
3. In a non stick frying skillet, heat the oil and shallow fry the tomatoes, dipped in the batter, on medium heat. Cook them for about five minutes on each side.
4. Place the fried tomatoes on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
5. Serve along with a main dish of your choice or as a snack, with a dip.