2 Cup (32 tbs) (use 2 small portions sufficient enough to make the filling)
1. Choose tomatoes that are very firm to touch while buying.
2. Wash and dry the tomatoes and remove any stalks.
3. Carefully cut the top quarter off each tomato (the rounded end).
4. Using a small spoon, scoop out all the seeds from inside the tomatoes, leaving them hollow.
5. Lightly season the inside of each tomato.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4).
To make the filling:
7. Make up a little cous cous enough to fill your tomatoes when they have been hollowed out.
8. Mix in seasonings and ingredients like black olives, apricot, almonds, chilli, mushrooms or coriander to give the cous cous a touch more flavor.
9. Gently melt the butter in a small saucepan and brush over a baking tray to lightly grease it.
10. Place the tomatoes onto the tray and fill each one with the cous cous mixture.
11. Place the top back on to each tomato.
12. Brush the stuffed tomatoes with a little of the melted butter and give a twist or two of sea salt.
13. Place the tomatoes in the pre-heated oven to bake for about 8 minutes or until the stuffed tomatoes are just cooked but still remain firm.
14. Remove the stuffed tomatoes from the oven when cooked and serve.