Join "The Indiana Jones of Spices," Nirmala Narine, as she prepares delicious quinoa-stuffed heirloom tomatoes with fresh-picked herbs from her own garden. In Nirmala's Edible Diary, Narine eats her way from Rio to Buenos Aires, capturing the tastes and smells of South America in recipes and photos. Millions of tourists visit this part of the globe every year, drawn by ancient ruins, vibrant cities, breathtaking natural beauty, and diverse foods and cultures. Nirmala's Edible Diary is a passport to the street markets and home kitchens of South America, with over 70 recipes for tantalizing stews, crunchy empanadas, and fruity desserts, and 100 vivid photographs of the foods, people, and landscapes that make this continent a stunning travel destination.
2 Large ((any color))
2 Clove (10 gm), minced
2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked
Fresh mixed herbs
2 Tablespoon, chopped
1. In a frying pan, heat oil and saute onion and garlic until transparent.
2. Add the freshly chopped fresh herbs.
3. Add cooked quinoa and mix well.
4. Core heirloom tomatoes and stuff with the quinoa mixture.
5. Serve stuffed heirloom tomatoes as side dish.