Marie's Country Cherry Tomatoes
|Cherry tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pint, stemmed|
|Butter/Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onions||2 (Scallions)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) In a single layer, place the tomatoes in a lightly greased, shallow dish.
3) Chop the onions as well as their trimmed tops and also the parsley, thyme and garlic.
4) Toss the chopped ingredients with the butter and bread crumbs.
5) Add salt and pepper to taste to season.
6) Over the tomatoes, sprinkle the bread crumb mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes, till the tomatoes are soft.
8) Transfer the preparation to a serving plate and serve while still hot. Makes a good side dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 659 Calories from Fat 410
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.8%
Saturated Fat 29.1 g145.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg40.3%
Sodium 896.7 mg37.4%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.4%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 9 g18.8%
Vitamin A 162.1% Vitamin C 265.3%
Calcium 23% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet