Parmesan Broiled Tomatoes
|Firm ripe tomatoes||6|
|Monosodium glutamate||1 Pinch (Msg)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cut the tomatoes into halves in a crosswise manner and sprinkle some salt and pepper over it.
2. Sprinkle some sugar and MSG on each half.
3. Top each half with about ½ tsp of Parmesan and dot with ½ tsp butter.
4. Broil the tomatoes by keeping that at a distance of 6 inches from the heat source for a period of 5 minutes.
5. Serve the parmesan broiled tomatoes hot as an appetizer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 309 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.5 mg15.2%
Sodium 470.7 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.4%
Sugars 20.6 g
Protein 12 g24.8%
Vitamin A 131.8% Vitamin C 156.2%
Calcium 24.4% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet