Crunchy Topped Tomatoes
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Finely snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Fresh white bread crumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Margarine||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Butter a shallow heatproof dish.
3) Slice the tomatoes in half horizontally and then arrange them in the prepared dish, keeping the cut side up.
4) Add seasoning to taste.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
6) While the tomatoes are baking, put the garlic, bread crumbs and parsley in a bowl.
7) With the help of a metal spoon, combine the ingredients together thoroughly, pressing firmly against the bowl-€™s sides so that the ingredients are well blended.
8) Take the tomatoes out of the oven and scatter the bread crumb mixture all over the tops. Sprinkle with oil.
9) Put the preparation back in the oven and bake for another 4 to 5 minutes, till the tomatoes are cooked and the topping is crisp.
10) Put the still hot tomatoes on a serving platter and serve piping hot. These make a delectable appetizer and can be served with a dip of preference on the side.
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 184.7 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C 35%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet