Microwave Cooked Scalloped Tomatoes
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (margarine)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Medium, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes|
|Dry bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) Take paper towels and place bacon strips between double thickness.
3) Microwave at High 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp.
4) Keep the bacon aside to cool.
5) In 1 to 1 1/2-qt casserole combine celery, onion and butter.
6) Cover the casserole.
7) Microwave at High 2 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
8) Add flour.
9) Add tomatoes, bread cubes, sugar, seasonings and 3 bacon strips, crumbled.
10) Cover the casserole again.
11) Microwave at High 4 to 6 minutes, or until thickened and bubbly, stirring once or twice.
12) Crumble remaining bacon strip and sprinkle over casserole.
13) Serve the scalloped tomatoes as side dish.