Oven Roasted Tomato Tartlets
|Plum tomatoes||2 1⁄4 Pound, halved horizontally (1 Kilogram)|
|Filo pastry sheets||4|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Torn basil leaves||2 Tablespoon (Use Fresh)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 2/150°C/fan oven 130°C.
2. Arrange the tomatoes cut-side up on a cooling rack, place the rack over a baking sheet and sprinkle the salt over the tomatoes.
3. Roast the tomatoes in the oven for 1 hour, until they are beginning to dry out a little.
4. Remove them from the oven and increase the oven temperature to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C.
5. Cut each sheet of filo pastry in half, brush with oil and place the two halves together with the corners at angles to each other - not neatly lined up in a square.
6. into 8 individual tartlet tins gently press scrunching up the edges with your fingers so the pastry fits into the tins.
7. with the remaining oil brush the insides of the tartlet cases and bake for 10-1 5 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and golden.
8. Remove the tartlet tins from the oven, carefully lift the pastry cases and place on serving plates.
9. Fill with the roasted tomato halves, scatter each tartlet with a little torn basil, if using and a generous grinding of black pepper and serve.
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 0.83 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 405.4 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 27.2% Vitamin C 29%
Calcium 1% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet