Courgettes With Tomato And Mozzarella
|Onion||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound (Fresh / Canned)|
|Fresh basil leaves/1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves||4|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, thinly sliced|
1) In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil along with butter.
2) Saute the onions and garlic till they turn a golden brown.
3) Blanch the tomatoes. Peel and chop them fine. If using canned tomatoes, drain them and add into the pan.
4) Stir in the chopped basil.
5) Cook the mixture over a low flame for about 20 minutes. Transfer the mixture into a blender and puree till smooth.
6) In another pan, add in 2 tablespoons of oil. Add in the sliced and trimmed courgettes. Mix in flour.
7) Fry the courgettes till they turn golden and slightly tender.
8) Transfer the fried courgettes onto a paper towel. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
9) On the serving plate, arrange layers of courgettes, mozzarella and tomato dressing.
10) Cover and chill the dish for about 2 to 3 hours.
11) Serve the Courgettes With Tomato And Mozzarella with hot garlic bread on the side or toast with butter curls.