|Beef stock/3 cups consomme + 1 cup water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (90 Grams)|
|Celery leaves||2 Tablespoon, very finely chopped|
|Shallot||2 Tablespoon, very finely chopped|
|Cornflour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Madeira/Port||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a large saucepan, combine the stock, tomato paste, celery leaves, onion tops, thyme and bay leaf together.
2) Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer over a low heat for about 30 minutes to blend the flavours.
3) In a bowl, blend the cornflour with a little cold water to make a smooth paste.
4) Stir a little hot soup into this mixture, blend thoroughly, then gradually stir into the soup.
5) Stir in the wine and stir until the soup comes to a boil and slightly thickened.
6) In a bowl, blend the egg yolks with the cream.
7) Remove the soup from heat, stir a little hot soup to the egg mixture and blend thoroughly, then stir into the saucepan.
8) Taste and adjust the seasoning.
9) Top each serving of Potage Rose with a little pat of butter and serve hot.