Tomatoes A La Provencale
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees for few minutes.
2) Take the tomatoes and cut a thin slice at the stem end and then cut into wedge-shaped pieces halfway down the tomato.
3) Take out the tomato juice by squeezing it.
4) Discard the seeds.
5) Take a skillet and put butter into it.
6) Add onion and garlic and cook for few minutes.
7) Remove the skillet from the heat and add bread crumbs, basil, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
8) Put this mixture into the tomatoes and keep all the tomatoes in a baking dish.
9) Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees to make the tomatoes tender and soft.
10) Serve the dish on 12 individual serving plates.