Ziti With Plum Tomatoes
|Plum tomatoes||20 Pound, ripped (10 nos, 2 pounds each)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Oregano leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
1) Take the water in a pot and bring it to boil. Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for 10 seconds.
2) Drain the tomatoes and peel them.
3) Slice each tomatoes into lengthwise wedges and keep aside. Discard the seeds from the tomatoes.
4) Take a skillet and heat the oil.
5) Put onion and garlic. Cook for 1 minute and then add tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
6) Cook the mixture on low heat for around 8 minutes to make the tomatoes tender.
7) Meanwhile cook the ziti in a boiling water. Drain the ziti and add to the tomato sauce.
8) Cook all the mixture on high heat for 2 minutes.
9) Garnish the dish with whole basil leaves.
10) Serve the dish immediately.