Tasty Tomato Bake
|Soft bread cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (3 slices bread)|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Tomatoes||6 Medium, peeled and cubed|
|Sharp process cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated or shredded|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a skillet, saute the bacon strips until crisp.
3) Remove the bacon strips with a slotted spoon, drain and reserve about 3 tablespoon fat in the skillet .
4) Toss the bread cubes into the skillet drippings.
5) Stir in the green pepper and onions; saute lightly.
6) Then stir in the cubed tomatoes.
7) In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, salt, pepper and sage together.
8) Sprinkle over the tomatoes and toss lightly.
9) In a greased 1 1/2 qt casserole, spoon the mixture and crumble over the bacon strips.
10) Top the bacon with the grated or shredded cheese.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
12) Serve the Tasty Tomato Bake straight from the casserole.