Oven Dried Tomatoes
|Plum tomatoes||6 Pound, ripped , halved lengthwise (Large Sized)|
|Coarse kosher salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Herb sprigs||4 (Basil, Thyme, Oregano)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), split|
|Whole black peppercorns||16|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven at 150 degrees.
2) Take the tomatoes and arrange them on wire racks with cut side up. Sprinkle little salt.
3) Bake the tomatoes in the oven for 17 minutes.
4) Once the tomatoes are baked, keep them into the clean and hot canning jars.
5) Put 1 herb sprig, 2 pieces of garlic and 4 peppercorns in every jar.
6) Add olive oil and vegetable oil.
7) Seal the jar and keep in the refrigerator.
8) Serve the oven dried tomatoes as an accompaniment or use as required in cooking.