|Ripe tomatoes/3 quarts, chopped||7 Pound, peeled|
|Tart apples/6 cups chopped aples||3 Pound, peeled|
|Onions/3 cups chopped onion||1 Pound, peeled|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , stemmed and seeded|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canning salt/Pickling salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|5% cider vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Coarsely chop apples, tomatoes, onion and pepper.
2. In a 5 quart kettle, put together all ingredients and cook uncovered on low heat for 1 ½ hour until mixture is thick and rounds up in a spoon; stir occasionally.
3. Into 7 hot pint jars, spoon mixture leaving ¼ inch empty on top of the jar.
4. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
5. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 15 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
6. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
7. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
8. Serve India Relish with Indian meals or snacks.