Chilled Tomato Bouillon Squares
|Tomato juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use Cold)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Tomato juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Simmering Hot)|
|Beef bouillon cube/Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Lemon slice||2 , quartered (1/4 Inch, Unsliced)|
|Thin onion slice||1|
|Liquid artificial sweetener||3 Drop (Or To Taste)|
|Ice cubes/1/2 cup ice water||3|
1. In a blender jar with stirring blades, put together cold tomato juice and gelatine; set blender at stirring speed and pulse by switching on and off.
2. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.
3. Add bouillon cube and tomato juice; process for about 3-5 seconds until gelatine dissolves.
4. Add lemon, onion, pepper and sweetener; process for about 3 seconds until lemon rind is finely chopped.
5. Add ice cubes and process for 2-3 seconds until ice is melted.
6. Into a greased 8x8x2 inch pan, pour the mixture and refrigerate until well chilled.
7. Using a knife, cut Chilled Tomato Bouillon into squares.
8. Serve Chilled Tomato Bouillon Squares in chilled bouillon cups.
9. Garnish with Low Calorie Mock Sour Cream.
10. Sprinkle fresh chopped cucumber and chopped chives on top, if desired.