Tamatar Chi Vadai
|Tomatoes||1 Kilogram, peeled, pureed, depiped|
|Coconut||1 , finely grated|
|Coarsely pounded cardamom seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. Take a hard bottomed skillet, and add little ghee into it. Fry coconut in it until it turns pale golden.
2. Stir in tomatoes, sugar, and pounded cardamom seeds and simmer until the mixture turns thick and starts coming off the sides of the vessel.
3. Add the mixture to greased thali and level it using spoon.
4. Refrigerate it until the mixture hardens.
5. Cut the vadi into small squares and store it in airtight container.
6. Serve Tamatar chi vadi with some savory snacks or as a after lunch snack.
Calories 684 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g73.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 16.3 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.6%
Sugars 131.3 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 29.4%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet