Tomatoes-1 kilo, peeled, seeded and pureed
Onions-2 big, cut into thin rings
Cinnamon sticks-1-inch piece, broken into bits
Turmeric powder-1/2 teaspoon
Grated coconut-2 tablespoons
Coriander leaves-Handful, chopped
Salt- to taste
1) Add about 1 litre water in tomato juice and strain. Keep aside.
2) Make a ginger garlic paste.
3) In a pan, heat ghee and add whole spices, garlic, ginger and onions. Saute them until golden brown.
4) Now add turmeric, salt and rice. Mix well.
5) Add tomato juice and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until rice is cooked.
6) Garnish tomato bhat garnished with coriander leaves.