Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
Bacon - 2, slices
Green Pepper - 1/4 cup, chopped
Onion - 1/4 cup, chopped
Corn - 1 cup, cooked
Pepper - a dash
Buttered Bread Cubes - 3/4 cup, toasted
Cream of Celery Soup - 1 can (10 3/4 ounces), condensed
Milk - 1/4 cup
1. Cut off the tomato tops.
2. Scoop out their pulp and salve it, leaving just about 1/4 inch shell.
3. In a skillet, cook bacon.
4. Remove from heat and crumble it.
5. Cook green pepper and onions in drippings over low flame.
6. Further, add corn, pepper and 1/2 cup tomato pulp and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add 1 tablespoon bread in each tomato and add vegetable mixture too. Top again with bread.
8. Transfer in a baking dish and cover the bottom of the dish with water.
9. Bake for about 20 minutes at 350°F.
10. Simultaneously, combine soup, milk, bacon and reserved tomato pulp. Boil the mixture.
11. Pour the mixture over tomatoes and serve.