Vegan Low Calorie Sauce
|Canned tomatoes||7 Ounce, drained reserving juice|
|Spring onions||2 , trimmed and finely sliced|
|Ground bay leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Or Powder)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Into a small bowl, put the drained tomatoes and the onions.
2) On high power, cook for 8 minutes, stirring in between.
3) Now, add the bayleaf powder.
4) Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) In a small bowl, mix the cornflour and the reserved juice.
6) Into the cooked tomatoes, add this mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce turns thick.
7) Serve the Vegan Low Calorie Sauce with pasta or fried rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 99 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.75 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.64%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 575.2 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 35.3% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet