Tomatoes On Basil Chiffonade
|Fresh basil||2 Cup (32 tbs), packed|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch wedges|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), bruised|
|Chopped capers||2 Teaspoon|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Curly endive||3 Cup (48 tbs), torn into pieces|
1) With a sharp knife, chop 1 cup of the basil.
2) In a medium bowl, add the tomatoes, garlic, capers, olive oil, pepper and chopped basil to combine.
3) Toss all together to coat the tomatoes with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
4) Reserve the marinade from tomato-basil mixture by pouring off.
5) In a measuring cup, pour in 1/4 cup of the marinade and stir in salt and vinegar.
6) In 4 salad plates, distribute the endive in equal parts.
7) With a sharp knife, make fine shreds of remaining 1cup basil. Sprinkle this evenly over endive.
8) Nicely arrange the tomato wedges on top of the basil.
9) Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the dressing over each plate to serve.
The extra marinade may be reserved and used as a salad dressing or to marinate more tomatoes.