|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, chopped (675 Gram)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place the onion in a saucepan with the oil and cook for 5 minutes to soften the onion.
2. Add the tomatoes and cook steadily for 30 minutes to reduce the liquid a little. Stir in the Marmite.
3. Blend the cornflour with a little water, then pour on some of the hot liquid, stir and add to the pan.
4. Bring to the boil and cook until sauce thickens and clears. Add the pepper to taste, sugar and tomato puree.
5. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti or noodles in boiling salted water until tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain well and serve with the sauce on top.
6. If liked, serve with herbs.