|Onions||2 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, peeled and sliced|
|Grated cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1. Grease a pie dish and sprinkle a layer of breadcrumbs in the bottom.
2. Cook the onion in a little of the butter until soft and lightly browned.
3. Put half the tomatoes into the dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar.
4. Add half the onion.
5. Repeat the layers reserving 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs.
6. Mix the remaining breadcrumbs with the cheese and sprinkle on top.
7. Dot with the remaining butter and bake for 20-25 minutes in a moderate oven (350°F -Gas Mark 4).