Spaghetti & Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
|Firm tomatoes||8 Large|
|Mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Grated cheese||4 Ounce|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
1. Cut a slice from the stalk end of each tomato and scoop out the centre being careful not to break the tomato skin.
2. Mix the breadcrumbs, herbs and most of the cheese. Bind with the beaten egg and season carefully.
3. Fill the tomatoes with this mixture and bake about 15 minutes in a moderate oven (375°F. - Gas Mark 4).
4. Break up the spaghetti and cook in boiling salted water. Drain.
5. Add the remaining cheese and pulp from the tomatoes. Reheat and add seasoning if required.
6. Pour the spaghetti into a hot dish and arrange the tomatoes on top.
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.9 mg13%
Sodium 322.6 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 10 g20.7%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 38.7%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet