Hot Tomato Consomme
|Tomatoes||2 Pound (Undrained)|
|Condensed chicken broth||21 Ounce|
|Celery tops||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut up|
|Red food color||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Take a large saucepan, place tomatoes and crush with potato masher.
2. Then bring to a boil adding chicken broth, 1 cup water, the celery, parsley sprigs, peppercorns and bay leaf with occasional stirring.
3. Reduce heat, simmer about 30 minutes and then strain through a fine sieve.
4. Add sugar, salt to taste, a few drops food color and keep hot.
5. Pour into mugs or soup bowls, sprinkle with parsley and serve.