Savory Tomatoes Au Gratin
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Large, cut into halves and seeds removed|
|Low sodium low fat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried summer savory||2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Low sodium cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a shallow flameproof dish, place the tomato halves, cut side facing up.
3) In a small bowl, combine the milk and lemon juice.
4) On each tomato half, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of this mixture.
5) Now, on each tomato half, evenly sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of summer savory.
6) On top of these, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of grated cheese.
7) Heat this in the oven for 15 minutes.
8) Then, remove from the oven.
9) Under the broiler, place this until browned lightly.
10) Serve this as an accompaniment to fish, poultry or meat. You can also serve this with omelets for brunch. Or, serve this as a vegetarian entree by adding more cheese.