Savory Baked Tomatoes
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Pimiento||1 , cut into strips|
|Cooked ham||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Slice off 2 inches from the stem end of each tomato to make a cup.
2. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds and pulp and discard.
3. Bush tomatoes inside out with oil.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F
5. In a sautÃ© pan, heat 4 tablespoons oil.
6. Add onion and sautÃ© until soft but not brown. Add remaining ingredients for stuffing except the bread crumbs and sautÃ© lightly until lightly browned.
7. Take pan off the heat.
8. In a bowl, combine the spinach soufflÃ© and slivered almonds and mix well.
9. Spoon the mixture into each tomato cup.
10. Toss breadcrumbs in remaining oil, then sprinkle over the tomatoes.
11. Stand them on a baking sheet.
12. Just before serving, bake the tomatoes for 20 minutes or until the topping is golden.
13. Serve hot as a side dish to roasts, grills or steaks.