Tomatoes A La William
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sausage meat||2 Pound, ground|
|Onions||3 , diced|
|Fresh garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄3 Bunch (33.33 gm), finely chopped|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄3 Bunch (33.33 gm) (Use Fresh)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Snap away tops from tomatoes and put aside.
2) Scoop out the inside of tomatoes and retain for another use.
3) Sprinkle insides of tomatoes with salt and garlic powder and turn upside down on paper towels to drain.
4) In buttered skillet, fry the sausage till brown.
5) Drain and remove the fat.
6) Fry the onions and garlic and in butter, quickly by turning frequently until tender and translucent.
7) Mix with sausage, parsley and bread crumbs.
8) Cook gently over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
9) Spoon into tomato shells and place tops back in place.
10) Scatter lightly with additional bread crumbs.
11) Bake without lid at 325 degrees 45 minutes.
12) Serve hot.
Calories 577 Calories from Fat 403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.9%
Saturated Fat 16 g79.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 119.6 mg39.9%
Sodium 1059 mg44.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 53.9% Vitamin C 77.1%
Calcium 8% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet