Tomatoes A La William
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sausage meat||2 Pound, ground|
|Onions||3 , diced|
|Fresh garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄3 Bunch (33.33 gm), finely chopped|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄3 Bunch (33.33 gm) (Use Fresh)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Snap away tops from tomatoes and put aside.
2) Scoop out the inside of tomatoes and retain for another use.
3) Sprinkle insides of tomatoes with salt and garlic powder and turn upside down on paper towels to drain.
4) In buttered skillet, fry the sausage till brown.
5) Drain and remove the fat.
6) Fry the onions and garlic and in butter, quickly by turning frequently until tender and translucent.
7) Mix with sausage, parsley and bread crumbs.
8) Cook gently over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
9) Spoon into tomato shells and place tops back in place.
10) Scatter lightly with additional bread crumbs.
11) Bake without lid at 325 degrees 45 minutes.
12) Serve hot.