Linguine with Mussels, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Olives
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine/Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mussels||1 Pound, well scrubbed|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Tomatoes||4 Small, diced|
|Pepper red||1 , long strips|
|Chopped sun dried tomatoes||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced green olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Cook the linguine al dente in salted water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2) In a skillet, heat oil, add wine and onions and bring to oil. Add in mussels, cook covered for 3 minutes.
3) The mussels are done, when the shells open up. Drain the water and set aside for later.
4) In another skillet, heat oil, saute onions, garlic, tomatoes and red pepper till soft. Add in the water reserved from cooking the mussels, tomatoes, basil and olives. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
5) To serve the pasta, pour sauce over it, toss well and sprinkle with grated cheese.