Fettuccine with Cheese, Tomatoes and Italian Sausage
|Italian sausage||6 Ounce|
|Spicy italian sausages||6 Ounce, casings removed (Medium Sized)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Plum tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), canned|
|Canned diced tomatoes with juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Plum Tomatoes)|
|White wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Basil||2 Tablespoon, dried|
|Chopped fresh basil/1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan and romano cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Grated parmesan cheese/Romano cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella||4 Ounce, finley diced|
1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage meat, stirring to break up, until the pink color is gone, about 5 minutes and set aside.
2. In a large pot of boiling water, cook fettuccine 8 to 10 minutes such that al dente
3. To prepare the sauce, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat and cook garlic until golden.
4. Stir in tomatoes, wine and basil and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in sausage and Parmesan cheese and cook until heated through.
6. Toss drained pasta with sauce, season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in mozzarella and serve.
Calories 725 Calories from Fat 367
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.5%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.7 mg37.6%
Sodium 1126.6 mg46.9%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 32 g63.7%
Vitamin A 50.5% Vitamin C 36.4%
Calcium 27.9% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet