Country Skillet Tomatoes
|Tomatoes||4 Medium (Firm And Ripe)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), unsifted|
|Dry mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (3/4 Stick)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) Make 1/2-inxh thick slices of tomato and sprinkle sugar over them.
2) In a pie plat, combine mustard, salt and flour.
3) In a cup, put 2 tablespoons of flour mixture and set aside.
4) In the remaining flour mixture, dip the tomatoes slices and coat well.
5) In a large frying pan, in butter or margarine, sautÃ© the tomatoes slices, few at a time until golden brown.
6) In a heated serving platter, arrange the drained tomato slices. Keep them warm.
7) In pan drippings, add 2 tablespoons of flour mixture and combine with milk.
8) Cook the gravy until thickens and boil for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
9) Pour the gravy over tomatoes.
10) Garnish with parsley, if liked and serve warm as side dish.
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.4 mg18.5%
Sodium 279.4 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 33.2% Vitamin C 26.1%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet