1. In a mixing bowl, take 1 small lime-sixed piece of tamarind pulp or 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste.
2. Pour half a cup of hot water on top of the tamarind. Keep it aside for about 15 minutes to soften the tamarind.
3. Squeeze the tamarind into water to try and get as much as the tamarind flavor into the water. Keep squeezing the tamarind to release its juice.
4. After you have finished squeezing the tamarind, you pour it through a sieve to filter out the residue.
5. In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients starting with tamarind juice, honey, cumin seeds, salt and lime juice.
6. Slice tomatoes about an eighth of an inch thickness. On a serving platter, arrange tomato slices.
7. In a mixing bowl, add onions, carrots, cilantro and salt. Mix it till all ingredients are well blended.
8. Spoon about half a tablespoon of the above mixture on each tomato slice.
9. Sprinkle crisped rice over each tomato topping.
10. Pour a couple of drops of tamarind sauce over each tomato topping and serve as it is.
When you are craving for your favorite snacks, then these quick and healthy tomato slices can be the smart alternative. Raw tomatoes are great source of vitamin C, and when it is topped with raw shredded carrots, the nutritional value gets doubled. Don't waste your time to learn and serve the tomato slices in a most tangy and spicy way.