Lentils With Garlic And Tomatoes
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), minced|
|Ripe tomatoes/14-ounce italian plum tomatoes, canned, drained and chopped||1⁄2 Pound, finely chopped (Peeled)|
|Lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large (2 ½ -3 quart) skillet or heavy pan, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. Add the garlic to the hot oil and sauté it just until soft and golden.
3. Tip in the tomatoes and sauté about 5 minutes until sauce like consistency.
4. Stir in the lentils and water and bring to a boil
5. Reduce the heat, cover pan and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes until lentils are tender but not mushy. Add more water if required to prevent the lentils from drying when cooking.
6. When tender, add salt and lemon juice to the lentil and serve.
7. Ladle lentils into a tureen or bowl
8. Serve hot plain or with rice or flat bread if you like