|Tomatoes||4 , shaped (For Garnish)|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 (Nicely Shaped Ones)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat the broiler.
2. With a slicing knife, slice the tomatoes horizontally in half.
3. Take a shallow baking dish and spray PAM on it.
4. Arrange the tomato halves on it.
5. Sprinkle each tomato half with salt, pepper, and oil, coating the oil on top with the back of a spoon.
6. You can also add the herbs if using, at this point.
7. In the broiler, place the tomatoes about 3 inches from the flame.
8. Broil them for about 5 minutes, until the edges blacken slightly and the tomato is heated through. Take care not to turn the tomatoes.
9. Serve warm.
Calories 67 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 109.4 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 41% Vitamin C 52.2%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet