Marinated Tomatoes And Peppers, Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise And Brie Sandwiches
|Ripe tomato||1 Medium, seeded and coarsely chopped|
|Red bell pepper/Yellow bell pepper||1⁄2 , seeded, deribbed and very thinly sliced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Additional For Roasting Garlic)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Commercial mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baguette||2 , split in half horizontally (Each 8 Inches Long)|
|Fresh basil leaves||6|
|Brie cheese||3 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2) In a small bowl mix tomato, bell pepper, olive oil and vinegar.
3) Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over it.
4) Keep it aside to marinate for few hours.
5) Roast garlic in preheated oven.
6) Drizzle olive oil over peeled cloves and wrap it in a square of aluminum foil.
7) Bake for 25 minutes till cloves are soft.
8) In a small bowl mash garlic.
9) Stir in mayonnaise and mix.
10) Cut open baguette pieces and put cut side up.
11) Spread mayonnaise on each side of the pair.
12) Put 2 or 3 leaves of basil on each mayonnaise half.
13) Put half Brie on each 2 halves.
14) Top cheese with marinated tomatoes and peppers.
15) Seal the sandwiches and halve. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
16) Cover and pack in cooler.
17) Serve cold.