Anchovy & Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
|Fresh bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Anchovy fillets||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained and chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (Small Sized Clove)|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Tomatoes||6 Medium, washed and firm|
1) Cut the tomatoes into halves crosswise.
2) Make several slits in tomato halves about 1-inch deep.
3) In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, anchovies, thyme, galic, thyme, salt and pepper.
4) Mix well all the ingredients.
5) Fill the mixture evenly into tomato halves. press firmely into slits.
6) In moderate oven at temp. 375° for 20 minutes.
7) Serve 2 halves of tomato for one serving.