Tomato And Heart Of Palm Slices
|White sandwich bread loaf||1 (Square)|
|For heart of palm mayonnaise and carrot mayonnaise|
|Lime juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned palm hearts||1 Pound, drained, 5 tablespoon liquid reserved|
|Canned hearts of palm||1 Pound, 5 tablespoon liquid reserved|
|Carrots||2 , chopped and cooked|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|For tomato filling|
|Onions||3 Large, finely sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||6 Large, blended|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||5 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|For spinach filling|
|Spinach||1 Pound, finely chopped|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Freeze the loaf for 30 minutes, before starting of.
2. Slice the loaf horizontally with a bread knife into 1/2-inch thick slices.
3. Slice off the crust from the bread slices, cutting 3-4 at a time.
4. To make the heart of palm mayonnaise and carrot mayonnaise, in a food processor jar, combine eggs, yolks, salt, and lime juice
5. Blend is short bursts until well amalgamated.
6. With the motor running pour in olive oil, in a thin steady drizzle, through the food chute.
7. Once the mayonnaise has emulsified, divide into two small bowls.
8. Add chopped heart of palm with reserved liquid to one
9. Add chopped cooked carrots to the other and blend well.
10. Season both the mayonnaise with pepper and mustard. Keep aside.
11. To make the tomato filling, in a saucepan heat 3 tablespoons olive oil
12. Add and sauté onions and garlic until soft and transparent.
13. Add blended tomatoes and Parmesan cheese and sauté for 10 minutes.
14. Dissolve flour in a little water and add to the sauce, cooking until it thickens.
15. Adjust seasoning to taste. Keep aside.
16. To make the spinach filling, in a pan, place spinach, add 1/2 cup of milk.
17. Simmer for 5 minutes.
18. Season well.
19. Blend in flour paste made with remaining milk and cook to sauce consistency.
20. On a large rectangular plate place bottom slice of loaf.
21. Alternate with layers of heart of palm mayonnaise, tomato, heart of palm and spinach.
22. Finish with top slice of loaf and insert long toothpicks to keep the layers intact.
23. Use a spatula to neatly cover the whole loaf with carrot mayonnaise.
24. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
25. Slice the loaf vertically.
26. Serve with green salad leaves.